Rosemount pH ORP Sensor
Rosemount pH ORP Sensor Retraction pH ORP Sensor 396R 396RVP
Wiring for Rosemount 396R
Make electrical connections as shown on Figures 3-1 through 3-15 using the following guidelines.
For wiring Rosemount 396RVP, see Section 4.
1. Pay particular attention to the analyzer or transmitter model number when following details on the wiring diagrams to ensure.
2. Use Rosemount custom cable Part Number 9200273 for interconnect.
3. The maximum distance from the sensor to the transmitter is 15 ft without an integral preamplifier.
4. Signal cable should run in a dedicated conduit and should keep away from AC power lines.
Recommended pH Sensor Standardization
For maximum accuracy,the sensor can standard on-line or with a process grab sample after a buffer calibration has perform.
Standardization accounts for the sensor junction potential and other interferences.
Standardization will not change the sensor’s slope but will simply adjust the transmitters reading to match that of the known process pH.
1. While obtaining a process solution sample (the sample is closing to the sensor), record the pH value is showing on the transmitter display.
2. Measure and record the pH of the process solution sample with a another temperature compensated, calibrated pH instrument. For best results, standardization should be performed at the process temperature.
3. Adjust the transmitter value to the standardized value.